Mini Dental Implants
What are Mini Dental Implants?
If you need to more securely anchor your existing partial or full dentures, mini implants are a safe, permanent and comfortable solution.
Mini implants act as artificial roots to hold your dentures
Using a titanium screw placed below the gum and fused to the jawbone, mini implants provide a secure base for your dentures to be fastened.
Properly cared for, mini implants can last a lifetime
What to Expect
- A review of pertinent information, an interview, and an exam with Dr. Bill Recktenwald
- Discussion of cost and choices of payment options
- Impression for model to make the guide (It takes about 2 hours to make)
- A three dimensional scan is taken, which is used to design where the implants are to be placed
- A small amount of local anesthesia is applied to “numb” the area.
- The implants are placed using the guide to achieve a predictable result. This process is usually finished in less than half an hour, and involves no stitches, minimal bleeding, and little discomfort.
- The housing is used to “snap” the denture to the implants immediately. This usually takes less than an hour
- Instructions are given and follow-up visits for adjustments are scheduled
Here are some reasons why you might want to choose us to secure your dentures
- We use 3 dimensional imaging, while almost all other offices are limited to 2 dimensional imaging
- The latest computer software allows us to design the implant placement, optimizing predictable results.
- A surgical guide transfers a computer design to the patient
- Dr. Bill has taken extensive training in both traditional and mini implants. He is also an active member of The International Academy of Mini Implants
Payment Options and Affordability
- Four mini implants can be placed to secure an existing lower denture for as little as $8.50 a day for a one year payment option.
A Relaxed, Friendly and Non-Judgemental Atmosphere
- We believe that making patients as comfortable as possible at Christiana Dental Center, is an essential part of good dentistry.