- Dental cleaning is necessary. This is one hard fact of life. If dental cleaning is not done on a regular basis, it can lead to accumulation of food particles in between teeth. This will lead to bacterial growth and this material can harden to form plaque. After plaque formation, the teeth start becoming loose and eventually tartar is formed which is just not good for the gums or the teeth. The final result is that the tooth or teeth can even fall off on their own.
- Teeth start rotting if they are not clean. Caries and cavities too can form. This will weaken the structure of the tooth or teeth. The cavities formed due to this will need to be cleaned up of the rotted portion of the tooth and then filled up. This is done by means of treatments like root canal therapy or endodontic treatment. If one gets dental cleaning done on a regular basis, we can avoid such events. The outermost layer of the tooth is the enamel. The one inner to this is dentine. The innermost layer is the pulp cavity. This is made up of cellular material, nerves and blood vessels. During endodontic treatment, the cavity is cleared up of all this matter and this cavity is then disinfected. A substance like gutta percha is filled up into the cavity and it is then sealed off from the outside environs. A dental cap or crown is placed atop to function as the tooth which the world sees.
- Dental grime can lead to other diseases as well. Research has showed that dental problems can eventually even lead to heart-related issues. This does not bode well as at all for the patient. Thus, it is best to exert full care and precaution while dealing with dental problems and ailments. If one is lackadaisical on this subject, we can become prey to other health ailments.
- Poor dental health can even lead to aggravating of other illnesses. Research shows that diseases like diabetes too may get a fillip if we have dental maladies. Our respiratory system too may become weak if our dental health is not up to the mark. A patient may become succeptible to diseases like pneumonia if their dental health is not proper.
- Not getting dental cleaning done on a regular basis may lead to teeth staining and yellowing. For this to be rectified, one will have to have professional teeth whitening done. This is an added expense to anyone’s budget. Also, it takes time to get professional teeth whitening done. One can do this procedure at home as well as in the dental clinic. For at home procedures, one could make use of teeth whitening trays. These are manufactured in the dental laboratory after getting an impression of teeth and gums taken. Laser light therapy is required for teeth whitening to be done in the dental clinic.
For more details contact: Christiana Dental Center. 330 Christiana Medical Center, Newark, DE 19702. Call: (302) 257-2707.